AtmosClear, owned by CoolClimate Holding, Inc. (USA) and AtmosClear Canada Inc., was set up in 2003 to work in association with other organizations to participate in the voluntary and compliance carbon markets. Since then, we have grown and diversified into related green business sectors.
We work closely with project developers whose goals are to promote cleaner and greener sources of energy, particularly electricity and fuels. Finally, we help suppliers of biomass fuels and feedstocks to reap the benefits of growing demand for biomass fuels as substitutes for fossil fuels in certain sectors. The use of biomass as a feedstock for energy production offers the advantages of reducing reliance on fossil fuels and giving farmers and other land managers the opportunity to create jobs and diversify their sources of income while producing clean energy for businesses and consumers.In addition, we help project developers to bring eligible emission reductions into compliance and voluntary markets, and to obtain financing for well-structured projects, in a variety of sectors including:
- urban waste and landfill gas,
- biogas from anaerobic digestion of farm and other organic wastes,
- renewable energy
- transport (efficiency and avoided vehicle use in urban areas) and
- bio-fuels (biodiesel and jet fuel).
AtmosClear's team has worked in the emission reductions, carbon offset, renewables, commodities and credit markets since the early 1990s, including advisory work for companies, governments and other organizations, setting up multi-million dollar carbon purchase facilities, due diligence, negotiating purchases in the Kyoto Protocol (CDM & JI) and other compliance markets and voluntary markets, facilitating trades of (and loans for) millions of dollars worth of commodities, and managing delivery risks (including through structuring options and other hedging instruments).
We have offered, or are currently offering, for different clients:
- market research and support to developers of renewable energy projects that require fibre supplies
- business development for renewable energy projects, including to generate power, biofuel and biogas
- support for preparing the necessary documentation to enable project owners to monetize emissions reductions from eligible projects in various compliance and voluntary carbon markets
- a member/affinity program
- offsets for consumers (direct sales and sales through corporate partners)
- offsets for corporate customers (non-profits, companies) for business activities and certain events
- supply of offsets for carbon neutral products and services
- VER marketing services and
- supply of VERs/offsets for other retailers/wholesalers.
We want everyone to have access to emission reductions, whether you're a large corporation and a consumer. AtmosClear can also provide private-label services, where we do the back-office fulfillment and VER account management work for partner organizations. We will cross-license with like-minded partners, and are open to licensing "climate club" or other of our trademarks for use by qualified partners.